Friday, November 28, 2008

what do i like?

I've been asked a couple times who my favorite painter is. Twice over the course of the last 24 hours, by my dearest friend Andrew over thanksgiving dinner, and by a gentleman whilst hanging out at Beauty Bar the night before. There are quite a few painters that I admire, both times the first that comes to my mind is Balthus--
































others: Henry Darger, Marcel Dzama, Thomas Eakins .... to name just a few.

I glossed over a really great book a few days ago. "A catalog of hand-drawn patterns" which is another thing that I admire, and there are some meticulous, beautiful examples that can be found in the book, "Over and Over."


I might try to buy this book but I am still waiting to receive Kramer's Ergot 7 from an online retailer, which i hope is coming soon.

wishlist: "Skim" by Jillian Tamaki

currently watching: "Leon" (The Professional)

No comments: